Subject: NU Car Rental Complaint-Unlawful Charges
My Name: Jackie
My City: Los Angeles
My State/Territory: CA
My Complaint Against: NU Car Rental (dba Fast Track Rental Car)
Complaint Category: Service Providers
Claim Amount (Approx.): $35+
My Complaint Description:
This is the worst car rental company I have ever used in my life. The entire experience was unprofessional, unpleasant and inappropriate. The office was supposed to be open when I got there, but there literally NO ONE at the desk. I and several other customers searched the premises to try to find a worker and asked the Westin if they knew where the attendants were. No one knew. After 30+ minutes, a front desk rep finally showed up.
1) First, I paid for a Midsize care via Hotwire and when I got to the office in the Westin LA Airport location, their sales rep and the manager David said they had no cars whatsoever. I and several people had to wait several hours before we could get a car as they said they overbooked themselves.
2) David the manager was rude, unhelpful and and ignored my questions as well as others. It was INSANE.
3) When they finally had a car to give me, it was their smallest compact car that a previous customer didn't want as she also paid for a Midsize.
4) I took the car as I had several appointments and needed transportation
5) After a few days into my trip, while I was in Malibu, the vehicle received a ticket for expired tags!
6) I had no idea the vehicle they provided me had expired tags months prior to rental.
7) When I returned the vehicle, I took images of the ticket and expressed to David the manager that I was not going to pay for this ticket, this is not my responsibility and the vehicle plates are not my responsibility.
8) David said he would take care of the ticket and acknowledged it was their responsibility. Please note I have this on video as I figured this shady company would try to charge me.
9) I have now received a charge (a month after my rental car time expired) stating Fast Track/Nu Car is charging me $35 for getting a citation! This is INSANE AND FRAUD!!!!!
This company is a fraud and committing crimes. They are cheating their customers and their horrible customer service needs to be fired. Save your money, save your sanity and never rent from Nu Car / Fast Track Rental Car. You will have to take legal action to get your money back. This company needs to be denied their license to operate and should be jailed!